ExtraCare dates must be paid for and scheduled through the KindiePrep front office no less than one month in advance of the first date of attendance. Spots in each session of ExtraCare are very limited and reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchase of ExtraCare Attendance Passes in the School Store will NOT guarantee a spot in ExtraCare on any given date.
To pay for and reserve a spot in ExtraCare:
- Visit the American Academy School Store > Your Campus > KindiePrep and ExtraCare > KindiePrep ExtraCare.
- Purchase up to 30 days of ExtraCare Attendance Passes for either (or both) AM or PM ExtraCare.
- As soon the purchase in the School Store is complete, call the KindiePrep Assistant Director in your campus KindiePrep front office to schedule the dates on which you wish to use the ExtraCare Attendance Passes.
Late Pick-Ups from ExtraCare
Late pick-up from afternoon ExtraCare are strongly discouraged at KindiePrep. Please make arrangements to arrive on time every day. In the case of late pick-ups, our first priority is your student’s safety and reassurance.
- UP TO 5 MINUTES LATE - $25.00 Late Fee
If your child is not picked up within 5 minutes after the ExtraCare program ends (by 5:35 pm), a $25.00 late fee will be assessed to you. At this point, every reasonable effort will be made to contact you to determine that you are on the way.
- 10 MINUTES LATE OR MORE – Call to Douglas County Sheriff in addition to $25.00 Late Fee
If we cannot reach you and your child is not picked up within 10 minutes after the ExtraCare program ends (by 5:40 pm), the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department will be contacted AND a $25.00 late fee will be assessed to you. KindiePrep staff will check all classrooms and complete a sign-out sheet daily to ensure that all students have been picked up and accounted for by authorized adults.
Because the ExtraCare program is funded and run based on prepaid and pre-scheduled participation - and other parents are turned away as a result - there are no refunds for cancellations or missed dates. Dates scheduled but not used are not transferable to other dates. There are no refunds for ExtraCare if a family withdraws from the KindiePrep program.